Saturday, October 8, 2011

My baby's baby dolls needed some clothing. I should've taken a picture of just the fat quarter doll, but I wanted to document the other doll too....
Since it was a winter fabric I thought I'd make a coat. And then I figured, why not make it reversible? I've never made any clothes before and that coat was the hardest thing I've ever made. I told myself, if you can do that, you can do anything. Then I made the dress. (The skirt is sewn to the top of a sock.) That was harder. Then I made the booties. I am never making booties out of fabric again. I'll have to crochet them - crochet is stretchy and forgiving.
There you have it.
Reversible dress and bonnet - the jacket is too, but I didn't get a picture.
The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad booties.

4 comments:

  1. That dolly is really stylish! I think everyone has been so creative in using the fat quarter. Next time I'll have to be a little more creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute. Reminds me of Jan Brett illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to Google her but I agree! I recognized The Mitten.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I like it when the dollies hvae clothes on. Not so important for the baby dolls, but Barbie really needs to be dresssed...! ;-)

    ReplyDelete