Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Simplicity and a blank canvas

I made quick use of this cozy red flannel. Our tiny tree was cold and naked. Immediately after receiving this fabric it served as a tree skirt, making our tannenbaum decent and warm. There it stayed, and as we left for our annual two week northern Midwest Christmas tour I decided it was perfect. No modification needed. (note to self - convince both families to move to a tropical location.) Perhaps next year it will get trimmed or updated in some fancy way, but this Christmas simplicity was nice.

The next round of fabric went on its this weekend and should be arriving in a mailbox near you shortly. I decided that to celebrate the new year we needed a "blank canvas". Start your creative engines!

2 comments:

  1. Good use of the fabric. I'm sure it warmed up your tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric arrived yesterday. I have an idea. Let's see if I can do it. Thanks, Alicia.

    ReplyDelete